“If it weren’t for the last minute…

…nothing would get done.”

I’ve been saying that a lot lately. And here it is, almost midnight, and I am /still/ putting stuff out for the grand sell-off tomorrow morning. And with that being said, I do have to say that it is starting to look like I might actually be able to get this whole thing done! I have already sold a shit-ton of stuff, and while there is still a lot more to sell, at least I will have enough to buy out the rest of my lease for when I leave. 🙂

Update on the Shiva move, then I will likely stay quiet about it for a while. 🙂

If you are taking your pet to the EU, make sure they have the compatible microchip. Even though Shiva got her microchip about four years ago, and should have been the necessary one, it wasn’t. It was one of the older ones, so she had to be re-microchipped. Just better to know ahead of time. (“Pet dogs, cats, and ferrets must be identified with a microchip compatible with ISO standard 11784 or 11785 or the appropriate microchip reader must be provided along with the pet.”)

The heath certificate, tapeworm treatment and USDA-APHIS endorsement all have to be done within 5 days prior to travel. So make sure you budget the time to get all that done in a short span of time. Technically, the endorsement is good for ten days, and most countries allow the endorsement to be done prior to the tapeworm treatment, as long as all other shots are up to date, but we’ll just get it all done at once.

And as long as all shots are up to date, including rabies, a rabies titers test is not necessary for Finland any longer. That saves me about $250 on that one.

Both Evira and the USDA have been super-helpful and patient in dealing with all my questions.

I have sold my dresser and two nightstands, even though I had originally wanted to keep them. But I got my asking price on them and decided it was just time to let go. Now my sister doesn’t have to haul a trailer back, which is a nice plus. She can come down, we load her truck up with boxes, go party, then she can leave with Shiva. And I can commence to cleaning up this place.

Oh wow…I can already start to see the end…I’m starting to get nervous/excited!


One thought on ““If it weren’t for the last minute…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s